What personal information we collect
- We may collect information that can identify you such as your name and email address (“personal information”) and other information that does not identify you.
- The information you provide. To register on Visitteo, you will be asked to sign in using your Facebook or Google login. If you do so, you authorize us to access certain Facebook and Google account information, such as your public Facebook or Google profile (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook and Google).
- We may access your email address, relationship interests, photos, likes, current city, birthday, interests, education history, gender, personal description, and friend list.
- You may also provide us your photos, a personal description, a description of your acquaintances or friend, and information about your gender.
- If you chat with us through social networks or emails you provide us the content of your chats, and if you contact us with customer service or other inquiries, you provide us with the content of that communication.
- We may collect information when you send us some content (your travel story and pictures) through social networks.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we collect
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, respond to marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other website features in the following ways:
- Improve our products and services, and manage our business.
- To personalize the user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website to better serve you.
- We may use the information for website analytics.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- If you send us some content (your travel story and pictures) through social networks, we may use that content for marketing activities on social networks.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- Monitor metrics such as the total number of visitors and traffic.
With whom we share your information
We will not sell, trade, share or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. Still, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback about these websites.
Once you have used a third-party to leave Visitteo, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such websites, and such websites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How we protect your personal information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Although we take measures to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or other communications will always remain secure.
We use third-party analytics service providers (“Analytics Providers”), such as Google Analytics, to collect information about the use of this website. Google Analytics collects information such as: how often users visit this website, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other websites they used before coming to this website. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve this website.
The information generated by your browser or device about your use of the Service will be transmitted to and stored by Google Analytics. Google Analytics will use this information to evaluate your use of the Service.
By using the Service, you assent to the processing of data about you by Google Analytics in the way and for the purposes set out above.
Retention of Data
Atlas, LLC will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
What are the purpose of the collection and use of your data?
To provide you with comparative information on different holiday accommodation and hotel websites, to be able to offer you the best selection of tourist accommodation at the best price.
The delivery of commercial advertising notifications via electronic mail or the social networks concerning our products and/or services geared to accommodation during your holidays and other activities to be conducted in this period. Analytical purposes, as a means of improving and enhancing the operation and services provided by Visitteo, conducting market studies and surveys.
Statistical, analytics, and marketing services
Some of the third parties allow you to object directly to the use of the relevant service, e.g. by setting an opt-out cookie.
If you choose to do so, the external provider will no longer process data on your usage behavior in the future. It is also possible to object selectively to individual external services. If you change browser or end device or delete all your cookies, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
Last updated: October 26, 2020